Christians for Biblical Equality Founder: Dr. Catherine Clark Kroeger
Christians for Biblical Equality (CBE) is a non-profit organization of Christian men and women who believe that the Bible, properly interpreted, teaches the fundamental equality of men and women of all ethnic groups, all economic classes, and all age groups, based on the teachings of Scriptures such as Galatians 3:28:
“There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, neither male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus” (TNIV).
CBE affirms and promotes the biblical truth that all believers–without regard to gender, ethnicity or class–must exercise their God-given gifts with equal authority and equal responsibility in church, home and world.
We believe the Bible teaches:
- Believers are called to mutual submission, love and service.
- God distributes spiritual gifts without regard to gender, ethnicity or class.
- Believers must develop and exercise their God-given gifts in church, home and world.
- Believers have equal authority and equal responsibility to exercise their gifts without regard to gender, ethnicity, or class and without the limits of culturally-defined roles.
- Restricting believers from exercising their gifts–on the basis of their gender, ethnicity, or class–resists the work of the Spirit of God and is unjust.
- Believers must promote righteousness and oppose injustice in all its forms.
CBE recognizes that injustice is an abuse of power, taking from others what God has given them: their dignity, their freedom, their resources, and even their very lives.
CBE also recognizes that prohibiting individuals from exercising their God-given gifts to further his kingdom constitutes injustice in a form that impoverishes the body of Christ and its ministry in the world at large.
CBE accepts the call to be part of God’s mission in opposing injustice as required in Scriptures such as Micah 6:8.
Quivering Daughters – Hillary McFarland
Offering gentle encouragement for women while addressing emotional and spiritual abuse within authoritarian families.